ICC is Recruiting NOW for Next Year Student Advisors!
Posted on January 13, 2015
THE INTERNSHIP & CAREER CENTER IS HIRING
FALL 2015-SPRING 2016
(Seeking applicants from ALL MAJORS)
- 8-10 HOURS PER WEEK
- PAID $9.00/HOUR
- Work-study & non work options
- Transcript Notation available
- Training (Mandatory) in Spring & September 2015
Information Sessions to hear from current ICC Student Advisers
- Thursday January 22, 2015 @ 4:10 pm in 229 South Hall
- Wednesday, January 28, 2015 @ 3:10 pm in 229 South Hall
ICC Student Advisers assist with providing career advising services to all UCD Students. SAs receive training in career development, advising, outreach, and are involved with a wide variety of activities under the direction of ICC professional staff.
- Offering general advising to students regarding internship placement, Aggie Job Link, resume writing, cover letter writing, interview preparation & career fair readiness.
- Assisting at ICC events & offering excellent customer service to employers.
- Working as a team to cover ICC advising during open hours of 10 am to 4 pm weekdays.
We seek students to represent a wide range of majors, interests and career paths. Some positions involve more outreach and public speaking; others are mostly one-to-one advising. Some roles have more contact with employers; others involve using social and traditional media, writing and marking to get important information to students.
- UC Davis undergrad in good standing (with at least one completed year at UCD).
- Knowledge of campus resources.
- Previous internship experience is desirable.
- Effective leadership, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills are necessary.
- Must be self-motivated and show initiative.
- Available all of 2015-2016 academic year to work 8-10 hours per week.
- Able to attend required training in spring 2015 & the full week of September 14, 2015.
There are 20+ openings annually. The Job Descriptions vary. Please demonstrate that you read the job description carefully before you apply to those positions for which you are qualified. Below is some basic information to get you started.
- Ag & Environmental Science = Environmental, Agricultural, Food Science, V&E, Community & Regional/International Development, Animals, Plants, Crops, Biotech, Ent, Sustainability (most CAES but not all).
- CRP (Career Recruiting Programs) = links Employers to UCD students via Career Fairs & other events
- CSRC (Community Service Resource Center) =student run program to link UCD to community service opportunities
- Engineering & Physical Sciences = Engineering plus Comp Sci, Math, Stats, Physics, Chem
- Generalists=main focus is helping with reception and outreach programs to dorms and clubs as well as basic advising
- Health & Bio Sci = pre-health/nutrition/therapy/pharm/nursing/optometry/dent & bio research careers (these SA should have completed an HRI)
- International = for outbound UCD students seeking international internships
- IT= ICC has a small IT staff that hosts SAs
- Liberal Arts & Business = Humanities, Social Sciences, Business, Human Services, Education, Counseling
- MPP (Masters, PhDs and Post Docs) = ICC services for enrolled UCD graduate students
- Student Employment=focused on work-study jobs and jobs on campus or in local community that may be may be more ‘just work’ than internship oriented
- Veterans=focused on the career advising needs of reentry students who are military veterans
Apply after Monday, January 5, 2015 on Aggie Job Link. Find positions using ICCSA15 in a ‘key word search’ to locate all openings. Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter through Aggie Job Link.
Please address questions to Cynthia Goldberg at email@example.com.